Baptist, 500 Fatherland Street.
This was the first church building for Edgefield Baptist Church which
established in 1867. This building stood at the corner of Tulip (Fifth)
Fatherland Streets. It was completed in 1873 at a cost of $15,000. The
outgrew this building and built a new and larger building in 1906 at
of Seventh and Russell Streets. This original building stood until the
1970's when it was destroyed by fire. (photo...circa 1897)